Start the Home Selling Process this MonthIf you’re thinking about selling in the spring, don’t wait until the new year to start planning. In fact, you’ll save yourself a lot of
What to Look for when Watching a Walk-Through Video
Dated: October 7 2021
Walk-through videos are becoming increasingly popular. The seller’s agent simply films a tour of a home, often including commentary, and then makes the video available to prospects.
When you’re shopping for a new home, you want to get the most out of watching this type of video, especially if you’re relying on it to help you decide whether or not to make a viewing appointment.
Consider these suggestions:
- Remember, it’s a video. So take advantage of the ability to pause, go back and forth, and take screenshots you can review later.
- When you’re watching, look for everyday items that can give you perspectives, such as a lamp, sofa or chair. These items will help you gain a more accurate sense of room sizes.
- Although that previous tip will help, it’s still difficult to judge room size on a video. So, don’t be quick to dismiss a listing because you think the rooms might be too small.
- Pay attention to what is not shown. Did the agent leave the ensuite bathroom out of the video? That may indicate an issue.
- When viewing the main rooms, such as the living room and kitchen, try to get a sense of how your furniture will fit.
- Make a list of features and characteristics you want in your next home. Have that list handy as you watch the video. You can use it as a checklist.
- While you’re watching, jot down any questions you have about the property.
If you like what you see, take the next step. Schedule a viewing appointment today.
Ravi Bhindi PREC
Royal Lepage West
6 - 9965 152 ST
Surrey, BC, V3R 4G5
Direct line: 604-825-8881
Latest Blog Posts
Feeling Cool about Selling in November or December?If you need to sell your home in the next month or two, you might be worried. After all, aren’t spring and summer the ideal seasons to list